Turkey loaf with Pecorino Toscano and spinach
Ingredients per 4 persons
- 200 g of fresh, thinly sliced Pecorino Toscano,
- 8 slices of turkey breasts for a total weight of 400 g,
- 300 g of boiled spinach, rinsed and minced,
- 100 g of minced turkey breast, 50 g of shredded walnuts,
- 2 glasses of Tuscan white wine, 1 egg, salt and pepper to taste.
Prepare a dough, kneading the spinach, the minced turkey and the walnuts; add the egg, salt, pepper and knead the dough until you have a uniform mixture. Let it sit for 10 minutes.
Beat the turkey slices with the dough and then with the Pecorino Toscano. Make rolls of the dough and tie them with cooking thread.
Pour the extra-virgin olive oil in a baking tray until it reaches 1/2 cm, lay the rolls and sear them for 10 minutes. Turn the rolls, add the Tuscan white wine and let the wine evaporate; the rolls are now cooked. Remove the thread and cut the rolls into slices 1/2 cm thick, and serve them on a dish. With a strainer, sieve the sauce, pour it onto the rolls and then serve with a side dish of buttered spinach tossed in a pan.